Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My NBDE experience

I took my NBDE part one 11/3/2011


I used the 

  1. First Aid Book and First Aid A&Q
  2. Dental Decks 2010:
    • Anatomy / Histology
    • Biochemistry / Physiology
    • Microbiology / Pathology
    • DentalAnatomy / Occlusion 
You can order the dental decks online : http://www.dentaldecks.com/Pages/Default.aspx

3. Past Exams till 2008 : 

I-N Compiled, released items from approximately 2000-2008 - Contains 200 questions
I-M Compiled, released items from approximately 1998-2005 - Contains 200 questions
I-L Pilot Comprehensive Exam 2004 (released 2005) - Contains 400 questions

You can order them at
http://68.20.243.219/asda/members_online/members/createorder.asp?action=catalog&catalog=NBR1&aff=ASDA

Doing lots of past exams helped a lot. The dental decks are a review they are not enough you have to do exams over and over. Read the First Aid several times.

I have notes written by students who already took the exam, these notes helped out a lot. I will share them in my next post.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I took my exam in summer 2007. By that time,I wasn't even a graduate, I was still a 2nd year dental student.
I prepared for the exam in 3 months. I studied the "Dental Decks" and solved all the "ASDA test packets" that were available.
I passed, but didn't score high. That's why I personally advice you to take the exam after you graduate. I also strongly recommend that you read "Mosby's Review Nbde part 1" or "First Aid part 1" besides what I have mentioned.
Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

hi can you please tell how much u scored.thx